- Duration of the underground tour is approximately 1,5-2 hours.
- Groups have to be registered and send a letter of confirmation together with the names of people taking part in the underground tour, the planned time schedule of the tour, and any special requests.
- Pre-registered groups are asked to confirm their time of arrival and the size of the group one day before the arrival by phone (+372 332 4017; +372 332 1441 or +372 532 69344).
- Single visitors are formed into separate tour groups; guided tours are carried out after a group is full.
- The Estonian Mining Museum is entitled not to permit drunken visitors underground.
- The Estonian Mining Museum reserves the right to add other visitors to smaller preregistered tour groups in order to achieve groups with the maximum size.
- Before going underground all visitors are registered by their name and receive safety instructions.
- The coordinator of the mining museum reserves the right to change the time schedules of groups under the ground in order to ensure underground safety.
No underground guided tours are carried out for student groups younger than 6 years.
Parents can, at their own risk, take children at any age with them to the underground museum.
For safety reasons big groups are divided into smaller groups. Every children’s group must be escorted by an adult in charge (teacher or any other adult who will receive additional instructions) who will walk at the end of the group, thereby ensuring the group staying together. Groups are guided by one museum guide under ground.
For student groups, 1 adult per 15 children can enter the underground museum for free.
Although there are new and convenient passages in the underground museum, the visitors are kindly asked to wear casual clothes and footwear. Please note that the temperature in underground gears is +6 to +8 degrees all year round, also some water may drip from the ceiling.
In order to ensure safety and cleanliness, all visitors are equipped with a helmet and a miner’s jacket and optionally with a miner’s lamp before the tour.
The duration and the time schedule of the visit depend on the preferences of individual groups. For instance, the mining park offers its visitors the possibility to enjoy a real miner’s lunch; upon advance booking, it is also possible to have additional tours in the ground section of the museum and special programs for spending the whole day at the premises.
INFO & BOOKING
PHONE: +372 33 24 017